I am delighted to have this opportunity to introduce the new school website to you. I trust you will find the information presented gives an indication of the services on offer at King Henry VIII school for its students, parents and the local community.
We are committed that every pupil should get the best possible opportunities and education allowing them to succeed and flourish. Learning is at the heart of all we do, through high quality teaching we ensure every pupil’s talents and abilities are catered for allowing them to excel academically but also develop skills that allow them to become more independent in their learning and prepare them for life beyond school.
The school is recognised as having a positive ethos with a strong sense of purpose that maintains and promotes a safe and caring attitude based on mutual respect between all members of the school community. We aim to develop responsible young people that show a ‘can do’ attitude, show respect for themselves, others and the local community and use their time wisely, including having excellent attendance and punctuality.
School days must be a period of enrichment and enjoyment. Pupils are encouraged to enjoy and participate in a healthy balance of extracurricular activities. The school offers many activities in:
- Performing Arts (there are orchestras, choirs, brass bands, Dance and Drama clubs)
- Sport (there is a vast array of mainstream and contemporary sport clubs)
- Departmental enrichment opportunities (departments encourage participation in subject related trips, clubs and lunchtime activities)
- External competitions (including Rotary Public Speaking and other local and national competitions)
- Charity work (pupils are encouraged to be responsible citizens and to contribute actively to the life of their community)
We hope that you will find our new website interesting and should you require additional information please do not hesitate to contact the school.
Mrs E Lewis